Pages

24 Nov 2014

Christmas Sweater WIP

About a month ago I mentioned that I was swatching for a sweater that I was hoping to make my husband for Christmas this year. I can't believe it's been a whole month since then, but I thought I'd check in and show you how it's going.


I've got the back just about done, which I'm really excited about as it's nice to see it taking shape. I'm a little nervous, however, because it's taken me just about a month to knit this since I can only knit when my husband isn't home, and I only have a month left to knit the front and both sleeves... But I'm really hoping to take things up a notch and just try knitting a little faster and to make sure I'm really utilizing all of the time that I have. (aka don't stop knitting for any reason). Hopefully in one month today this sweater will be wrapped and under the tree.


The pattern that I ended up using is called Squall and it's by Michelle Wang for Brooklyn Tweed. The pattern is really clearly written out and the cable pattern was really easy to memorize which makes it a joy to knit. I also love that she gives you instructions on how to work the cable without a cable needle because that really helps to speed things along (which I so desperately need at this point!!!)

Anyway, I just wanted to show you how the sweater was looking so far. I hope if any of you are partaking in some festive knitting that it's going well for you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.