Pages

17 Sept 2014

Broken Needle Dilemma

The weather has (sadly) been cooling off very quickly these past couple of weeks so I've been working full steam ahead on getting my Braid Hills cardigan done. Yesterday I ran into an unfortunate problem when, while working on the first shoulder, the part of the interchangeable needle that screws on the the cable needle broke off.

When it broke I just sat there staring at it, not even really sure how the cable had come away from the needle that I had in my hand. It was kind of a tricky spot for the needle to break, because I really didn't want to leave the shoulders on waste yarn until I could get a replacement needle in. So I decided to press on, seeing as these are fairly short rows anyway, so I've now finished all but the last shoulder that I'm knitting now with one needle being no longer than a cable needle.


After I finish these shoulders, however, I'm for sure going to have to wait on my new needles to start the sleeves, but at least I've got them ordered and on there way. Hopefully it won't be too long before I'm working away on it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.